Dear RCCU Members,
We have recently seen an increase in the amounts of fraud being perpetrated: Debit Card, ACH/Check, etc. Fraud has become a high priority for RCCU and we want our members to be aware and use caution. Below are some tips to help avoid fraud.
Receiving New Checks in the Mail:
Use caution when receiving mail with sensitive information; such as new checks.
- Make sure you know when your checks are coming.
- Check your mail on the day you assume they are coming.
- Have your checks delivered to a Red Crown location and we will call you when they have arrived.
Use caution when receiving phone calls from an individual claiming you owe them money.
- Caller ID can be manipulated to appear as if a call is coming from a certain organization.
- Organizations like the IRS will only contact you by mail; never by phone.
- Never give personal information to someone you don’t know.
Use caution when conducting online transactions; such as online purchases, online loan applications.
- Know who you are doing business with.
- Don’t give personal information online unless you know the person or you are on a trusted website.