Red Crown Credit Union has been named one of the 2017 Best Credit Unions to Work For in the United States. Credit Union Journal has partnered with Best Companies Group to identify companies that have excelled in creating quality workplaces for employees.
This survey and awards program is designed to identify, recognize and honor the best credit unions. The list is made up of 45 credit unions. The full Best Credit Unions to Work For in the United States list is featured in the September issue of Credit Union Journal.
To be considered for participation, credit unions had to fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
- Have at least 25 employees working in the U.S.
- Be in business a minimum of one year
- Be in one of the following categories based upon asset size: Over $1 billion, $500M-$1B, $200M-$500M or Under $200M
Determining the Best Credit Unions to Work For in the United States involved a two-step process. The first step consisted of evaluating each participating credit union’s workplace policies, practices, and demographics. This part of the process was worth approximately 25% of the total evaluation. The second part consisted of employee surveys aimed at assessing the experiences and attitudes of individual employees with respect to their workplace. This part of the process was worth approximately 75% of the total evaluation. The combined scores determined the best credit unions and the final ranking. Best Companies Group managed the overall registration and survey process and also analyzed the data and used their expertise to determine the final ranking.
Red Crown was ranked 30th out of the 45 credit unions chosen for this honor. A few of the reasons employees enjoy working at Red Crown is:
– Every employee’s birthday gift is a paid day off
– Employees are eligible to begin contributing to their 401(k) immediately when hired
– Employees celebrate a themed Spirit Day every quarter
– Employees are supported to give back to their community causes
– Employees are chosen to be a part of the Red Crown Innovation team
– Employees make treats for other employees birthdays, anniversaries and showers